Home Inspector License (DOS-1694-a)This licenses a person to perform home inspections.
Requirements1. Proof of Training/Experience, Always Required
2. Proof of Liability Insurance Coverage, Always Required
3. Professional License, Sometimes Required
How to Apply
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:• EIN/SSN
• Business information if applicable
• Fees ($250)
|NAME||FORM NUMBER||FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE|
|Home Inspector License Application||DOS-1694-a||DOS-1694-a|
|Application||No||$250||For 2 years|
Payment Options:Personal Check; Postal Money Order; Charge Card (Visa and MasterCard accepted only)
Duration & Processing
|Average Processing Time:||3-5 Business Days|
|Term/Duration:||Biennial - Every two years|
|Renewable:||Yes - Every two years|
|Automatically Sent:||Yes - Approximately three month prior to the expiration a renewal is sent to the licensee.|
Additional Info1. 140 hours of approved schooling which includes 40 hours of unpaid field-based training or performed at least 100 home inspections under the direct supervision of a NYS licensed home inspector, professional engineer or architect.
2. General liability insurance shall be a minimum amount of $150,000 per occurrence and $500,000 aggregate.
3. Depends on the qualification method chosen to apply for license.