xAttention Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants: New York Business Express and the NYS100 registration application is only for New York State employers to use to register for UI coverage for their employees. To file a personal claim for UI, you must go online to www.labor.ny.gov/signin . Read more about how to file a claim and see a step-by-step guide to online filing.

Radioactive Materials License (Medical/Academic) (DOH-370)

This license allows the holder to transfer, use or possess radioactive materials.


45 Days




Allows licensee to transfer, receive, use or have possession of radioactive materials. Radioactive material is any solid, liquid, or gas which emits radiation spontaneously. Radioactive materials can consist of byproduct material, source material, special nuclear materials in quantities not sufficient to form a critical mass, naturally occurring radioactive materials, and accelerator-produced radioactive material. License ensures that radioactive materials are handled by qualified persons in a safe manner. Places, facilities or mobile units that handle radioactive materials consist of: hospitals; medical, dental, chiropractic, osteopathic, podiatric, or veterinarian institution, clinic or office; educational institution; commercial, private or research laboratory performing diagnostic procedures or handling equipment or material for medical use; or any trucking, storage, messenger or delivery service establishment.


1. Drawings, Always Required
2. Proof of Training/Experience, Always Required
3. Specifications, Always Required
4. Project Description, Always Required
5. Formal Educational Information, Always Required
6. Radiation Safety Policies and Procedures, Always Required
7. For medical use - must provide appropriately trained physician(s), Always Required

How to Apply

1. See form below.


Duration & Processing

Application Processing Comments: Processing time varies 30-90 days, average of 45 days
Common Denial Reasons: Insufficient information; Incorrect information

Additional Info

1. The agency has an appeal process for a denied application
2. Permit/license must be posted

For additional information/Sponsor Agency:

Health, Department of

Check out our FAQs, Helpful Links or visit our Contact Us page.

Start Your Business

Use our Business Wizard to find out what you need.

Visit the Business Wizard

Find Incentives and Support

You are not alone. Find ways New York State can help you grow.

Visit the Incentive Wizard