xAttention Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants: New York Business Express and the NYS100 registration application is only for New York State employers to use to register for UI coverage for their employees. To file a personal claim for UI, you must go online to www.labor.ny.gov/signin . Read more about how to file a claim and see a step-by-step guide to online filing.

30-Day Temporary Motor Vehicle Authorization

This permits the holder to use the vehicle temporarily.


2 Days




The purpose of this permit is for the registrant to temporarily use the vehicle. The Department uses this permit to expedite service for the customer to get the vehicle on the road as soon as possible.


1. Agency: Transportation, Department of; Permit: Divisible Load Overweight Permit
2. Agency: Internal Revenue Service; Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Return ( Form 2290, Schedule 1)
3. NYS Department of Taxation and Finance - Truck Mileage Certificate


1. Proof of Ownership for Vehicle, Always Required
2. Proof of Insurance, Always Required
3. Proof of Taxes Paid to New York State Department of Taxation and Finance and Internal Revenue Service, Always Required

How to Apply

1. See form below.


Required Fees

ApplicationNo$5Fee is not collected until permit is issued.

Payment Options:

Cash; Postal Money Order; Certified Check

Duration & Processing

Common Denial Reasons: Insufficient information; Incorrect information

For additional information/Sponsor Agency:

Motor Vehicles, Department of

Check out our FAQs, Helpful Links or visit our Contact Us page.

Start Your Business

Use our Business Wizard to find out what you need.

Visit the Business Wizard

Find Incentives and Support

You are not alone. Find ways New York State can help you grow.

Visit the Incentive Wizard