xAttention Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants: New York Business Express and the NYS100 registration application is only for New York State employers to use to register for UI coverage for their employees. To file a personal claim for UI, you must go online to www.labor.ny.gov/signin . Read more about how to file a claim and see a step-by-step guide to online filing.

Professional License

This document provides useful information for professional licensing.



The NYS Department of Education, Office of Professions has requirements for professional licensing. Some professionals practice their profession as individual licensed practitioners; others practice in some sort of corporate or business entity structure. Not all business structures may legally provide professional services. Generally, licensed professionals may not set up a general business corporation to provide professional services. For information on professional licensing requirements or filing for a professional business entity, contact the NYS Department of Education, Office of the Professions or see the link below.

For additional information/Sponsor Agency:

Education Department

Check out our FAQs, Helpful Links or visit our Contact Us page.

Start Your Business

Use our Business Wizard to find out what you need.

Visit the Business Wizard

Find Incentives and Support

You are not alone. Find ways New York State can help you grow.

Visit the Incentive Wizard