To apply for a New York State grant, you need to complete separate registration, prequalification, and application processes. The steps are outlined below.
- Access the Grants Opportunity Portal. This resource is open to the public. It allows users to locate grant funding opportunities with State agencies, and to sign up for notifications of upcoming funding opportunities.
- Register with the Grants Gateway to become eligible to apply for funding opportunities. State agency funding opportunities are posted on the Gateway for online application. To register,
- Existing NYS Vendor administrators can log in through the Statewide Financial System (SFS) ID to access the Gateway.
- All other vendors who have not previously done business with New York State, must
- Download and complete the Substitute W-9 Form to obtain a NYS SFS Vendor ID.
- Download and complete the Grants Gateway Registration Form for Administrator.
- Not-for-profit corporations must complete an online Prequalification Application
- Once logged into the Gateway, you may locate online opportunities by selecting View Opportunities from your home page.
- Select Apply to submit your proposal for grant opportunities.
- State agencies review proposals on the system and make their awards.
- When an award has been made, the Gateway automatically generates a standardized draft contract which includes the successful applicant's proposed budget and work plan.
- State agency and grantee staff collaborate in the Gateway to finalize and execute the agreement.
For more information, visit the Grants Gateway.
For additional assistance, select from the following:
- Prequalification process: Contact your agency representative or the Grants Reform Team at email@example.com.
- Application, policy, and registration: Contact the Grants Reform Team at Grantsreform@budget.ny.gov
- Technical assistance: Contact the Grant Gateway Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-820-1890 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.